Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > I cant register the tool PLEASE HELP!!
I cant register the tool PLEASE HELP!!

8128 Views 10 Replies Latest reply: 2014-02-23 19:54:44

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    hugozuniga
    2014-02-16 12:19:04
     I just bought the maxidas 708 and I'm having problems registering the tool. I registered it on the internet but when I turn on the scanner the "unregister box" appears and tells me to register the tool. When I click on the "register button" it directs me to the pro.auteltech.com website, when I put my autel ID and password and code I get a message underneath the "code box" that says "Network error, please try again later!" When I do this through my computer I can log in just fine but when I try through the scanner I cant. I tried using the "DS708 Update V6.18" through the computer and when I put my username and password I get the "Account name or password error" box   Pleasse Help!!

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    berniescustompaint

2014-02-16 16:23:24 (Reply to:hugozuniga)

hugozuniga,

I'm getting the exact same error as you when attempting to register my new DS708 (Network error, please try again later!). I've been able to register it via a PC online just like you, but the actual device continues to boot to the unregistered screen. 

I don't think this is a problem with the device. It appears to be something on the Autel network side. I sent their tech support a message a few hours ago. Hopefully they get it resolved shortly. Frustrating.

You're not the only one experiencing this.

UPDATE:

Issue resolved. Autel tech support remote into my desktop and resolved the issue on the SD card. It required a update for the device software.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-02-16 16:30:07 (Reply to:hugozuniga)

Hello it all looks like the problem is in the tool not been able to log on line don't use the
    wireless option connect it straight with an ethernet cable first try to connect to the
    internet any website see if you can connect if you do then there could be a problem
    with autel download server sometimes is down after you registered the tool it takes
    some time to be available try later or tomorrow good luck

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    berniescustompaint

2014-02-16 16:42:51 (Reply to:ede65)

ede65

Thanks. Yes, I was thinking the same thing after the first failed attempt. I switched over to the ethernet cable, it didn't make any difference. The device does navigate the web no problem, both on the cable & wirelessly. For some reason the http://pro.auteltech.com will not allow us to login from the device itself.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-02-16 17:10:54 (Reply to:berniescustompaint)

They where having that same problem last week I am guessing is down again
    hopefully it gets fix soon they always do its worth waiting for this is really a great tool
    I have mine for 3 years not a single hardware issue and just bought the maxisys even
    better good luck friend you will be up and running in no time you will see.

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    hugozuniga
    2014-02-16 18:56:02

Thank you for your responses.

I tried it with the ethernet cable and couldnt login either. Lets hope it is the server and not the tool. I used the tool and loved it and I wouldnt want to get rid of it. I can wait for a couple of days I hope they get the server running soon.

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-02-17 05:44:55 (Reply to:hugozuniga)

You welcome also double check your id and password here make sure you registered
    the right one it is very easy to confuse one digit get the id from inside the unit not the
    box that it came in sometime they are in the wrong box good luck hopefully it gets
    resolve.

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    hugozuniga
    2014-02-18 20:39:29

berniescustompaint have you been able to register your tool?

My tool keeps doing the same thing and cannot be registered

•   Level 2   
    (14) points
    hugozuniga
    2014-02-19 19:27:17
     Nice! Problem resolved! If anybody gets this issue and you bought the tool online i recommend you to EMAIL autel tech support and not call them for help because through the phone they wont help you and if you email them they can do remote support and resolve the issue as they did to me. My tool is now registered :)

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2014-02-21 17:43:45 (Reply to:hugozuniga)

Great feed back glad you had it working it is probably a good idea to also email them
    the datalogs when we run into problems they may get fix faster this way cheers
  Total2 Pages